What are Quality Walks?
The assessment of Northern Ireland’s walking routes has been carried out by walkers for walkers. By choosing a Quality Walk you can leave home with the knowledge your selected route is one of the best Northern Ireland has to offer!
All Quality Walks have been accredited in partnership with the Northern Ireland Environment Agency and Tourism NI
What can you expect from a Quality Walk?
All of the quality walks contained within WalkNI.com have been assessed on the ground by walkers for walkers. The following statements can be made about Quality Walks:
1. At least 50% of the route will be off road.
2. Car parking will be available (may be formal or informal).
3. Facilities such as toilets may be available.
4. Information on the walk will be available either on site or online.
5. Signage may be in place. If the route is not waymarked, an adequate route description has been provided on WalkNI that will allow the route to be navigated.
6. As part of the overall walk assessment consideration is given as to whether the walk is through scenic landscapes and if the walk is suitable for the tourist market.
How is a Quality Walk Identified?
To identify the Quality Walks on the website, each walk has the following ‘Quality Walk Stamp’ located beside their title.
| Quality Short Walks
|| Quality Medium Walks
|| Quality Long Walks
Over 20 miles
Every care has been taken to ensure accuracy of the information. We cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions but where such are brought to our attention, the information will be amended accordingly.
Whilst all the clubs, associations and activity operators listed on this website generally operate according to which is accepted as current best practice, it is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that they are credible and all appropriate safety standards are adhered to. Outdoor Recreation Northern Ireland have, nor assume, any responsibility for the accuracy or the completeness of the information supplied or the service and level of care afforded by any of the clubs, associations and activity operators listed on this website.