Belfast Hills Partnership is delighted to announce the third year of this important youth volunteer role in the Belfast Hills!
As a Belfast Hills Youth Ranger, you will be assigned your own site in the hills to help look after. This will involve you walking your site and submitting a report each month. By reporting any issues or points of interest, you will be helping site managers and the Belfast Hills Partnership (BHP) look after the species and habitats in the Hills, and assign management resources appropriately.
No experience is necessary for the role. Training is provided, so all abilities and backgrounds are welcome. All we are looking for are hardworking and enthusiastic individuals aged 18 – 25. Perhaps you have been thinking about pursuing a career in the environmental sector and are looking to gain work experience and increase your employability skills, or maybe you just want to work outdoors and do your bit to care for nature. Whatever your reason, we want to hear from you!
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll receive:
- A Belfast Hills Volunteering Excellence Award and a Wild Youth Silver or Gold Award (certificates based on your level of volunteering hours)
- Practical work experience
- Training in environmental surveying and basic plant ID skills
- A celebration event upon completion of the role
- A Hills Youth Ranger hoodie (on submission of three site reports)
For more information and to apply, download the application form below and return to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Sunday 9th July 2023.