Argory Blackwater River Walk
Follow the River Blackwater around the estate and cross the industrial age-Bond’s Bridge.
Distance 1.5 miles
OS Map Sheet 19
Terrain Variety of surfaces
Nearest Town Dungannon
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H871582
Route Type Riverside, Woodland
From the carpark follow the sign for Bond’s bridge / ferry path. This starts at the bottom of the carpark. At the end of the path there is a set of large steps. At the top of the steps turn left and go through the kissing gate onto the river bank. Follow the path along the river and keep an eye out for fluttering kingfishers. They lazily fly over water and swoop down to spear fish with their sharp beaks. As the path comes to an end along the river turn left onto the causeway which runs between the meadows. At the end of the causeway you will approach Meadow Cottage. Turn left again and follow the avenue back to the carpark.
Herons and Kingfishers are frequently seen the area
The Argory lies 4 miles from Charlemont. Drivers can leave the M1 at exit 13 and follow the brown signs.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs must be kept on leads except in our specially fenced off dog exercise area
Tea room, toilet facilities, picnic area and playground Please see the National Trust NI Website for updated opening times. The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Disabled toilets.
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 5cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 1m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 6° or have a cross slope of greater than 6°.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be between 12mm and 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 1km.