Arney Battlefield Trail
Distance 1.1 miles
OS Map 18
Terrain Farm lanes, compacted gravel trail and stone-pitched steps
Nearest Town Arney, Bellanaleck
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H214713
Route Type Woodland, Parkland & Grassland
Arney Hall, Arney Battefield (of the Battle of the Ford of the Biscuits)
The trailhead is located at Cleenish Millennium Hall (Arney Hall) on the Arney Road. Access the trail between the hall and Mullymesker Primary School.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs must be kept on leads due to cattle grazing in neighbouring fields.
- The path can be expected to be hard and firm with some loose stones (not bigger than 1cm) and will be at least 1.2m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 5° or have a cross slope of greater than 5°.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be a max of 12mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of at least 1m wide and 2.1 in height for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 300m.