Castle Archdale Yellow Route
One of a variety of walks along the lough shore passing the deer park enclosure, wildfowl ponds, wildflower meadow and butterfly garden.
Distance 2.4 miles
OS Map Sheet 18
Terrain Relatively flat off road paths
Nearest Town Lisnarick, Kesh, Irvinestown
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H173589
Route Type Lakeland, Woodland
There are various routes available through the Park. These are shown on the attached maps.
Red deer, wildfowl, butterflies, wildflower, WWII remains
Various starting points. Castle Archdale Country Park is situated on the main Enniskillen to Kesh road (B82). It is well signposted and can be found 1 mile on the Enniskillen side of Lisnarick village.
346 Killadeas Road
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs must be kept on leads
The Country Park is open daily from 9am- 5pm except for the Christmas public holidays 24th, 25th, 28th December and 1st January. The Country Park is open over the Christmas weekend 26th and 27th Dec.The Countryside Centre and WWII Exhibition is open 12pm-4pm on Sundays only all year except for the Christmas public holidays 24th, 25th, 28th December and 1st January. (The Countryside Centre will be open on the 27th: 12-4pm as usual).Toilets, car and coach parking, tea rooms (seasonal opening), “Castle Archdale at War” Exhibition, and displays of farm machinery, local wildlife and geographical/historical aspects of the park. Seasonal pony trekking, cycle hire and boat trips are also available. The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Disabled parking – Disabled toilets – Hearing loop system – Shop (wheelchair accessible) – Visitors Centre – Wheelchair available.
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.