Castle Coole – Lake Walk Trail
Take a pleasant, gentle walk around the tranquil Lough Coole, spotting wildlife and glimpses of the mansion house on the way.
Distance 1.4 miles
OS Map Sheet 18
Terrain Surfaced Path
Nearest Town Enniskillen
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H260431
Route Type Lakeland, Parkland & Grassland
Starting from the visitor car park, take the path on the right past the play-park. This path passes the site of the original Queen Anne house. At the boat house, turn right and follow the path around the lake.
Shortly after the boat house, a gravel path to your left reaches the shore of the Lough. Take a stroll down see if you can spot our resident swans before returning to the path and continuing your walk.
At this point, catch glimpses of views of the house across the lake. Continue on the path, taking a left at the main exit road and another once that reaches the drive. Continue on up the hill to return to the visitor car-park.
* Please note that National Trust entrance pricing applies for this walk.
Castle Coole House
Castle Coole is located off the A4 road to Belfast 1.5 miles South East of Enniskillen. Parking is located beside the reception and tea room area.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Car park, tea rooms and toilets
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.