Loughgall Country Park – Lakeside Path
The route is fairly flat with the exception of one steep hill. The route follows tarmac paths including a section along the lake shoreline.
The walk is part of the Highway to Health walking routes – a series of waymarked walking routes throughout Northern Ireland. There is no charge for the walk, however there is a £2.20 fee for car parking or a yearly car parking ticket can be bought for £11.30 Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times in the Country Park.
Distance 1.4 miles
OS Map Sheet 19
Terrain Tarmac, fine stone, boardwalk
Nearest Town Loughgall
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H909519
Route Type Parkland & Grassland
To complete the walk follow the pink marked signposts around the park.
Apple blossom, the Hermitage, lake viewing platforms
Loughgall Country Park is situated off the B77 Armagh to Portadown road. All walks start from the main car park.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Reception area, car park, toilets, changing rooms, showers, trim trail, junior adventure area, tennis courts, golf course, coarse fishery. The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Mon-Fri 9am-10pm, Sat 7am-10pm, Sun 7.30am-10pm – Shop (wheelchair accessible) – Disabled toilets – Disabled parking
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 5cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 1m wide for its entire length.
- The path will not be steeper than 6° or have a cross slope of greater than 6°.
- There will not be any obstacles such as steps or stiles and surface breaks will be between 12mm and 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- There will be passing places at least every 150m and rest areas at least every 1km.