Nixon Hall Trail
Distance 1.6 miles
OS Map 18
Terrain Farm lanes, compacted gravel trail and stone-pitched steps
Nearest Town Arney, Bellanaleck
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference H214713
Route Type Woodland, Parkland & Grassland
Arney Hall, Arney Battefield (of the Battle of the Ford of the Biscuits)
The trailhead car park is located at Cleenish Millennium Hall (Arney Hall) on the Arney Road. The entrance to the walk is off the main road beside Arney Chapel opposite the hall.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Dogs must be kept on leads due to cattle grazing in neighbouring fields.
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.