This trail takes in the Oxford Island National Nature Reserve and is a haven for wildlife. Visitors can explore a range of habitats from woodlands to reedbeds. The trail also takes in Kinnego Marina, from here the visitor can enjoy a boat trip around the secluded bays and islands.
Distance 4.1 miles
OS Map Sheet 20
Terrain 70% Traffic Free Paths
Nearest Town Lurgan, Craigavon, Portadown
Route Shape Circular
Grid Reference J048620
Route Type Parkland & Grassland, Woodland
The walk begins at Lough Neagh Discovery Centre or Kinnego Marina and includes some steps.
Lough Neagh Discovery Centre and Kinnego Marina
By car – Take turn-off for Junction 10 on the M1 and follow signs to Oxford Island.
Translink – journeyplanner.translink.co.uk
Toilets and refreshments are available in the Lough Neagh Discovery Centre and Kinnego Marina. Accomodation is available at Kinnego Caravan Park. The following facilities are available for users with limited mobility: – Café (wheelchair accessible) – Shop (wheelchair accessible) – Disabled toilets – Disabled parking
- The path may not be hard and firm in all weathers with loose stones (not bigger than 10cm) with occasional tree roots and pot holes and will be at least 80cm wide for its entire length.
- The path gradients and cross slopes will be greater than 6°.
- Obstacles such as steps or stiles are to be expected and surface breaks may be larger 75mm in width.
- There will be a clear head height of greater than 2.10m for the entire length of the route.
- Passing places and rest areas may not be formalised or provided.